Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meanwhile

A lot has happened since I last posted on my blog. All my time got eaten up by wedding preparations as the big day neared. On the 19th of October we had a wonderful wedding, with handmade decorations, flowers and food provided by friends and lovely summer weather in autumn. So after over 11 years of living together I am now Mrs Meyer- Gerritzen. I kept my own name as wel, so now I get to spell my last name twice, neither of them follows the usual spelling. After the wedding we took some time to just relax and enjoy being married. I still have to get used to saying my husband instead of my partner.....I have been saying that for so long. Will get used to the husbandthing eventually I guess, lol. After a month of relaxing a busy time started...my birthday, the dutch holiday of Sinterklaas and of course Yule and the new year..So for now I am off for a fresh start, I want to start blogging more faithfully, since it is a good way for me to vent, and I like writing. D and I have been trying to have a baby for a while and it has not worked out so far, My brother- and sister in law were having the same issues, but with a bit of help from the hospital they are now expecting twins, due in a couple of months. Because we can relate to their issues and love them a lot we are really happy for them and I am busy making baby presents. So when my own sister called yesterday to tell me she was pregnant for the third time I did not expect it to hurt so much..but it did. They already have two healthy boys and were not planning on having a third child...Besides that, me and my sister have not really gotten along the last couple of years. She always gives me the feeling I a failing by not finishing university, not having a job, a car and a house we own. I don't know if she does it on purpose, but it hurts. She does not seems to acknowledge I am ill...It is an old issue and I really did not expect it to hurt so much..I am glad we have good friends who came by after work to play a few boardgames and distract me... On a happier note..since Izzy passed away we acquired a new feline friend for our house. This time we got a black ad white cat from the pund, and called hin Puck. He had a medical condition which needed an expensive plastic surgery..but he was so cute. He still is cute, without his too large eyelid. As I am writing this he is nagging me to be let out, lol. As sioon as I am on the main pc I will upload you a picture of our monster... For now I am going to do some shopping in the city centre, and read my book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive