Thursday, June 30, 2011

What happened (2)..........

I promised last time I would tel you what happened after I started my hospitql treatment for my depression. First of all I was scared to death by the whole experience of meetingnew people and having to tell them about my issues but I quickly decided I might as well, because if I did not I would not get any better. My doctor and nurse decided I should be placed in the autonomy group. Here I was to try and find my own identity again, after years of trying to please others. I had to go to the hospital three days a week to have all sorts of therapy with my group, like music therapy,group talks and creative therapy.
It might be a bit much to explain all the details here, but after a while I started to feel better and it was decided I should go to another therapy as well, cognitive behavior therapy. I learned to step outside my own thought processes and asses them objectively. This therapy gave me the most valuable lesson I have had in therapy so far: my thoughts are NOT facts....What I have going on in myheadis my perception of reality, and not reality itself. It might sound simple but it sure was a major life changer for me. After this breakthrough things went quickly, and I was released from the program on the twefth of May. I am still on y meds, and probably will be for the rest of my life but I am ok with that now. I still go to creative therapy once a week as well since I still have some issues to work on, but I am feeling better than I have in 10 years.
So, now you know what happened to me in the months that I was away from the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive