Thursday, July 30, 2009

My job

I wanted to tell you all something about my new job...the one I started last Monday. Today is my first day of during training and boy am I glad. I have a lot to learn, and a lot of info coming my way, so my brain is glad it is getting some rest today. After i finish my four week training I will be a first line callcenter agent with the UWV. I take incoming calls from people looking for jobs, registering as jobseeking or from people who want to apply for welfare/benefits or have questions about these. My main job will be putting through calls to the right person, I will only be allowed to answer really simple questions. We work with a "knowledge system", so when the client asks something I put in a keyword and the answer pops on my screen. It will either tell me to connect to a certain person or office branch or tell me the answer straight up. So far we have listened to may conversations and were not allowed to do anything for ourselves. Net week we will get communications training and we will be trained in the use of the data system. After this we may do some things for ourselves. We either talk to the client or handle data, and eventually we will be able to do both at the same time. I really like it, and my supervisor seems to think I am doing great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive