Friday, February 20, 2009

Chartres

I know I haven't been around in a while. Nohing bad happened, it is just that a lot happened last weekend and I am still tryong to work it out for myself and with my friends. Last saturday I travelled to Chartres cathedral with a group of close friends. All in all we had a lovely day. I spent some time on the centre of the labyrinth that is inlayed in the cathedral floor with Thess, and I felt an amazing bond, a connctedness, a sisterhood. I just know her so wel, even though I haven't known her for long. I walked around the cathedral wih her husband E. and their son while she was climbing the tower, and it all felt so familier. I just had to close my eyes and I was home...medieval times..I could hear the monks singing in Mass. It was an incredible feeling. Things got very emotional when we got home in Leiden. Both I and another friend, B. started crying and just could not stop. I felt horrible, we talked a lot. The energy and the sense of connectedness were amazing. I can't properly explain what happened that night. I can only describe it like coming ome and seeing my family after a long time, it is a sense of belonging, a sense of place...I know we knew each other before this life. The only thing I can say if somebody asks me if I believe in reincarnation is : " I don't believe in reincarnation, I know it is like that" It is really hard to explain, but those who know me will know how I feel. I finally have a place where I can be me, where I belong.

2 comments:

  1. Had a lot of catching up to do, reading your blog! I love your pottery dishes, how amazing to find things that go together so well like that! Did you get your tattoo yet? I can't wait to see pics of the real thing.

    It's been so long since I've made the rounds on blogs I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten it yet, but it will be soon. Coming Sunday I will meet dolphinsin real life, and I want to get it asap after that...And of course I will post pics

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive