Monday, August 2, 2010

Lammas

Yesterday was Lammas, the start of the harvest. This year the harvest in our garden will be dissapointing, since the summer was very, very dry. But nevertheless we have things to be gratefull for: D has found a job, I finally acknowledged I couldn't keep up with mine, we have loving friends and some loving relatives, no more worries about money...That counts for a lot, I would say. We celebrated Lammas by baking bread with spelt, rye and herbs, and I made a pumpkin soup with the first pumpkin from grandpa's garden. We roasted the seeds, yum...and enjoyed a wonderfull meal in the garden, with a lit fire. This was only briefly interrupted by some rain.Our Lammas celebrations will continue for a while, since we are having some dear friends over from Ireland, and I love sharing good food and stories. I would like to hear from you, how did you celebrate Lammas/ Lughnasadh this year? Or if you didn't, tell me why. I have some good plans for the day, doing house chores like folding the laundry and vacuuming. But I also plan to spend some time painting and I want to call a dear friend to hear how she is doing, as well as updating my sister about the marriage plans. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive