Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thoughts for tuesday

At the moment I am reading a really interesting book about mindfullness and depression. I haven't come far yet, because it is a hard read. It is not that it is difficult but this book is very confrontational. I recognise myself in the things the authors describe which can be very painfull sometimes. The section I am reading now is abot our ( the human ) way of dealing with difficulties and trouble. Our brain gives us a signal, going hey, this isn't as it should be, solve it. We go and think about it, analyse and solve the problem. This is a great method of solving external problems but doesn't work for depressions. Analysing your depressions and feelings of sadness and inadequacy makes you feel even worse. this in turn signals the brain to do something...it makes for a nevr ending down ward spiral.... Very interesting, and difficult to read. Basically it is my own brain processes that are making and keeping me ill. The rest of the book discusses strategy and exercises to deal with depression. When I have read some more I will let you know what I think about it. For today I have a short period of work, from 8 till 12. After that I have an appointment to discuss the competency test I took earlier. I am really curious abou the results...I kinda know it is going to say i shouldn't be doing the job I am doing, but hey I didn't need the test to tell me that. For now, I am going to get ready for the start of my working day. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I am also currently recovering from depression, for the second time in my life. I am lucky; it is not my usual state of being. Indeed, one of the ways I have learned to tell I am depressed is that problems aren't getting solved.
    What is the name and author of this book? I think I'd like to read it...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive